Sissy Spacek sleeps with her Oscar

By Banzay on 18:55

Filed Under: ,


American actress Sissy Spacek loves her Oscar so much that she sleeps next to it.
The 61-year-old film star showed Oprah Winfrey a hilarious photo of herself curled up with the Academy Award.
“I’m rarely without it. I take it everywhere with me,” she joked.
Spacek, who won the 1980 Best Actress Oscar for her role in Coal Miner’s Daughter, appeared on Winfrey’s chat show alongside fellow Oscar winners Susan Sarandon, 64, and Holly Hunter, 52.
The trio laughed about how, back in the day, they had to buy their own dresses for the prestigious ceremony – whereas today’s actresses are loaned fancy frocks by top designers.
“We didn’t even know to ask. We just went out there and bought a dress off the rack. It was actually less pressure,” Spacek said.
“I’m not somebody who’s used to getting dressed up to begin with. No one at that time gave me a dress or anything,” added Sarandon, who won the 1995 Oscar for her role in Dead Man Walking.
“A good friend of mine – a costume guy – gave me a little fur to put over my dress, which I barely could buy. It had to go back that night on a plane. I didn’t even get to keep it that evening.”
Hunter, who won an Oscar in 1993 for her role in The Piano, described attending the awards ceremony as an “out-of-body” experience.
“It’s hard to kind of remember things,” she told Winfrey. “The artifice of it – the fact that it’s a show – that was kind of stunning to me.”
The 83rd Academy Awards will take place in Hollywood, California, on 27 February.

0 comm. for this post

Отправить комментарий