Rihanna remembers Chris Brown during beating: 'There was no person when I looked at him'

By Banzay on 09:04

Filed Under:


In a "20/20" interview set to air on Friday, Rihanna opens up about ex boyfriend Chris Brown's violent assault last February 7th.

According to Rihanna, the fight started as they were driving away from a pre-Grammy Awards party and Brown received a text message from another woman.

"I caught him in a lie, and he wouldn't tell the truth. And I wouldn't drop it," the singer told Diane Sawyer. "I couldn't take that he kept lying to me, and he couldn't take that I wouldn't drop it. It escalated into him being violent towards me. And it was ugly."

More than anything, Rihanna remembers the look in her ex-lover's eyes. "He had no soul in his eyes. Just blank. He was clearly blacked-out. There was no person when I looked at him," she says in the interview, parts of which aired Friday morning on "Good Morning America."

After the beating, Rihanna ended the relationship despite Brown's pleas to remain together. "He didn't accept that very well. Obviously he didn't want us to be apart," she says. "But I had to make a decision for me."

Despite the incident, Rihanna does not harbor ill-will towards her former flame.

"I actually love and care about him," says the singer. "I want him to do well, have a great career, have a great life and grow up. And just take this as something you had to go through to grow up and learn."



0 comm. for this post

Отправить комментарий