Lady Gaga says aunt’s spirit saved her from drugs

By Banzay on 06:34

Filed Under: ,


LONDON - Lady Gaga says she was saved from cocaine addiction by the spirit of her aunt who has a huge influence on her career.


The Paparazzi singer says she used to lock herself in her bedroom and snort “bags and bags” of cocaine for songwriting inspiration when she was starting out. But realised she was jeopardising her life and recalled unfinished job of her aunt Joanne who died at 19, reported femalefirst.co.uk.

Gaga, whose real name is Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, said: “I thought I was going to die. I wanted to be the artists I loved, like Mick Jagger and Andy Warhol… I thought the only way to do it was to live the lifestyle. My cocaine soundtrack was always The Cure. I would lock myself in my room and listen to ‘Never Enough’ on repeat while I did bags and bags of cocaine.”

“But then I realised my father’s sister Joanne, who died at 19, had instilled her spirit in me. She was a painter and a poet - and I had a spiritual vision I had to finish her business.”

0 comm. for this post

Отправить комментарий