Oprah's Aging Beauty: Cybill Shepherd, Linda Evans and Teri Hatcher speak candidly about aging

By Banzay on 17:32

Filed Under: ,


Oprah Winfrey welcomed to her show actresses Cybill Shepherd ("Moonlighting"), Linda Evans ("Dynasty") and Teri Hatcher ("Desperate Housewives") to discuss the issue of aging, beauty and what our society says to women as they grow older.

Teri Hatcher says of her now-infamous no-make-up pictures that circulated on the internet, "You feel like: 'Isn't that the person you want to be loved? That's the friend ... that's the partner I want to be in a relationship. That's the mom I want to be. Really, that's what's important."

"Listen, I love looking at all the glamorous pictures. That's fun too," she continues. "I think if we can accept the truth behind it and reveal the mystery, then we can enjoy both things."

Cybill Shepherd chimes in: "When I was on seven covers of Glamour magazine and I'd walk by all those newsstands every month and see my picture, I would go home and look in the bathroom [mirror] and go: 'How did this happen to me? Why don't I look like that cover?' I had this wonderful success. At the same time, that retouched image is a lie."

"What you look like has nothing to do with what you think about yourself, and that's where we get confused," says 1980s star Linda Evans. "The outside has nothing to do with the inside. And the thing that's so mysterious to me is everything we're basing our value on is outside of us."

Follow Zap2it and Zap2it Andrea on Twitter and Zap2it on Facebook for the latest TV, movie and celebrity news.

Photo credit: The Oprah Winfrey Show



0 comm. for this post

Отправить комментарий