Christina Aguilera got love advice from Cher following split from husband

By Banzay on 01:31

Filed Under: ,


Christina Aguilera says Cher, her co-star in the new film "Burlesque" who has been married twice and has had a string of Hollywood romances, gave her relationship advice following her recent split from husband Jordan Bratman.
Aguilera, 29, filed for divorce from Bratman, a 33-year-old music marketing executive, in October. They married in November 2005 and have a 2-year-old son, Max.
The singer, who is making her acting debut in the dance-oriented "Burlesque", said Cher has praised Christina Aguilera's acting skills in the film, which sees the "Genie in a Bottle" singer making her on-screen debut as a small-town girl who moves to Los Angeles and begins working in a club as a waitress, aiming to one day perform on stage.

Aguilera also plans to sing and perform routines inspired from the movie at the 2010 American Music Awards and did not confirm or deny whether Cher, 64, would join her on stage. When asked, she smiled slyly and refused to comment.

Cher was married to singer-turned-congressman Sonny Bono, the father of their 41-year-old transgendered son Chaz Bono, between 1964 and 1975. Sonny Bono, who sang the hit duet "I Got You Babe" with Cher in 1965, died in 1998.

Days after their divorce was finalized, Cher and musician Gregg Allman wed in Las Vegas. They have a 34-year-old son, Elijah Blue. The pair divorced in 1979.

Cher has also dated actors Tom Cruise, Warren Beatty and Val Kilmer and guitarist Richie Sambora of Bon Jovi.

"I enjoyed them all!" Cher told Parade magazine. "I never felt I chose badly, and I was always happy when the next man came along. I can usually last about two years with a man, and that's it. The moment the relationship goes into the phase of more commitment, it changes."

She is currently in a relationship with 52-year-old television screenwriter Ron Zimmerman, who she met on Facebook through a mutual friend.

"He thought that I was a Cher impersonator or a hooker," she said. "It never occurred to him that it was actually me. We played verbal volleyball for about a month until he called my friend and asked who I really was. She went, 'It's Cher.' Ron flipped out. Then we talked on the phone. I said, 'Why don't you come over and we'll meet? If I don't like you or you don't like me, you can just go home.'"

"Even though I'm older than him, I'd never before been with anybody over 30," Cher said. "Ron is short, a bit scraggly, like an absentminded professor. He's the funniest person I have ever met, and the most eccentric - so bizarre and kind and very special."

0 comm. for this post

Отправить комментарий