Sukiyaki Western Django subtitles

By Banzay on 08:07

Filed Under:

[Hawk cries]

[Flies buzzing]

[Whistles]

Piringo.

Been looking for you.

It's the end of the road for you.

[Bell clangs]

What's that sound?

That's the sound of
the Gion Shoja temple bells.

What?

You know, them
Heike and Genji boys.

On a distant island,

these two clans split into
the Reds and the Whites.

Wage war.

Sort of like that
War of the Roses, you know?

In England?

Who won?

The Whites?

This high noon battle
was waged in Dannoura.

Hear the Heike clan in red
got themselves hog-tied

by the Genji clan in white.

Their story goes
a little something like this.

[Japanese accent]
The sound

of the Gion Shoja temple bells

echoes the impermanence

of all things.

What bells you say?

The color
of the sala flower

reveals the truth

that to flourish

is to fall.

[Bell clangs]

The proud do not endure

like a passing dream

on a night in spring.

The mighty

fall at last.

See you in hell.

To be no more than
dust before the wind.

Piringo.

That's why I love you.

[Yells]

Ain't nothing back there.

You ain't heard me?

It's an ain't nothing town.

Bet you came
for the gold, too.

White or Red?

You Genji

or Heike?

Which gang's gonna buy it?

My reward is one third.

If there ain't no treasure, don't pay.

Benkei, show him.

No doubt about who's
gonna be left standing.

But best not get any ideas
about playing Yojimbo.

You got to be alive to
spend your money, stranger.

The kid's got a heart,
and balls to match.

No! Join us!

We'll do better than a third!

We'll leave you half!

Half?

We'll give you everything.

But with us, it's a lifetime contract.

Don't know about that.

I don't stay long in one place.

Suits us fine!

We'll give you half
for this one-time deal.

Not too shabby.

[Woman]
Hey, boy!

Hey. If you're
such a quick draw,

you don't need them.

Take it all.

And tell them to shove
their lifetime contract.

Boy, don't rush yourself.

Make your choice
after cooling your heels.

This town can't grow from seed,

but I can offer
some soba tea at my place.

Come with me.

Hey.

So the Reds
rode in first, eh?

Yeah. How do you figure that?

Simple.

With the sheriff,

seeing the law hitched
with the weaker side

must mean they made him
an offer he couldn't refuse.

Uh, of course, now,

maybe he's looking
for a chance to switch sides.

How long has it been like this?

Two months since
the Heikes walked in.

And before that,

gold prospectors
started coming 'round.

What?

But what we couldn't
figure out was

why so many people,
and why now?

The end of last month,

a town with the same legend

found the mother lode.

The country's gone crazy
with Heike gold tales.

Every nook and cranny
of every town

with the treasure legend

is swarming with prospectors.

It's a genuine gold rush!
Yee-ha ha ha!

You can't touch this land,
or you'll be cursed.

[Man]
Ha!

We'll take that curse
off your hands.

And we can't quietly sit by
as you lay waste to our land!

[Clang]
Ow!

{Woman]
In the beginning,

we expected them
to be a godsend

because they were Heike,
like us.

But things soon went sour.

The Heikes
ran off the prospectors

and started digging.

Look!

What?

Kiyomori! Boss Kiyomori!

We found this.

Instead of that wood marker
that read "Fear the curse".

I knew it!
[Laughs]

So they figured the treasure
must be somewhere,

and they have
been here since.

[Laughter]

[Screaming]

Boss Kiyomori.

From today, you're one of us.

Think of it as being on vacation.

Uh, yes.

I've been meaning
to take some time off.

Feeling a little beside myself.

But his reign of power
didn't last long.

Dang.

You boys are a day late
and a dollar short.

This is our town.

Huh?

Ooh...

Dang.

[Gasping]

Genjis.

Shigemori, we got to
fatten you up, boy.

Boss Yoshitsune.

The Genjis didn't make
a move against the Heikes.

They left the gold digging to them,

sat back, and waited
for their chance to steal the loot.

Hey.

Finders keepers.

After that,
people began to leave.

Just a few families are left.

Ah, we might as well hire you.

But all the town can offer is this.

Dadacha-mame.

Try this.

Hey. Hey, welcome back.

This is my grandson.
Heihachi.

Give it a go.

Death isn't to be feared.

Don't watch the blade.

How many times
do I have to tell you?

Don't follow the blade
with your eyes.

Don't see it, feel it.

That's the essence
of Mononofu training.

Mononofu training
ain't samurai bullshit.

Being a samurai is
a philosophical way of life.

But the life of Mononofu
means life of fighting!

If you ask me,

samurai are still
wearing their skiwies.

They are vain.

They're still concerned
about their looks.

That's "tits on the bull" thinking.

But if you peel away that last layer

so you are naked,

this in the raw fighting the spirit is

warrior's lot in life.

His realm,

our realm

is deeper than the samurai's.

Now...

you gonna come at me

or whistle Dixie?

[Yells]

[Yells]

What's it gonna be?

Take this handsome man
to the Reds

or hand him over to the Whites?

You know, I'm at sea.

I don't know.

Depends on him.

Today's special is the Whites

with a side of
mashed potatoes and soup.

Forget about the Heike gang.

Their Boss Kiyomori smells
like a dead dog on a hot day.

He's lost so much,
he's getting dumber.

"The sound of
the Gion Shoja temple bells

echoes the impermanence
of all things."

You follow?

Yes, l... uh...

It means everything in this
old world changes.

It means we can never
call our services off.

We'll finally restore the glory

of our family name
and the riding-high.

Genji gang will be lead to ruins.

"The color of the sala flowers

"reveals the truth

that to flourish is to fall."

That's it.

It's a law of nature.

The Genjis are going down!

[Men shout]

From today,

I read this.

What's that?

Shakespeare. Henry VI.

The War of the Roses.

War of the Roses?

Come on, boy.

Don't you know your Shakespeare?

It's a story about
the Reds winning the war.

The Reds win?

Yes, we'll win.

Yeah! Kiyomori!

What?

Kiyomori.

[Thump]

Don't ever call me
Kiyomori again!

From today...

the name's... Henry.

Side with the Genjis.

They got a young lady,
fine as cream gravy.

That painted lady
used to be a dancer.

She's the kid's mama,
but still mighty fine.

Hasn't aged a bit.

A woman of true
Genji lineage.

He's Genji and Heike?

Huh? Oh, the kid?

Yeah, he's a half-breed.

And his father?

Got himself killed.

You're of
the same stock, boy?

Fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine.

He can't talk no more.

Hard to after seeing
your dad murdered.

What's his mother doing
on the Genji side?

Ahem.

To begin with, that granny's boy
went to work in the city.

{narrating]
Then, one day,

that boy, her son Akira,

brought the Genji woman home.

Mama, the days of being
Genji or Heike are done with.

I don't know how
or where the two met,

but his mother
blessed their marriage.

So Red and White got hitched,

and they figured
crossing roses,

blooming in both colors,
was romantic.

And they raised Heihachi,

their Red and White treasure.

But then the fighting
started again.

Finders keepers.

Ugh!

Kiyomori!

Get out.
There ain't no gold here.

That's it?

Take it all!

If you want it, take it.

And get out!

[Heihachi]
Daddy!

Heihachi!

Daddy!

[Screaming]

Love hurts.

[Screaming]

My favorite color.

Looks good on you.

Folks say a Genji woman
painted red

lit a flame in him.

[Gasping]

- [Laughing]
- [Screaming]

No! No!

Aah!

I'll teach you good!

I show you what a real man is!

[Screaming]

I know, I know.

So she ran to the hideout
of her own flesh and blood.

Was it to protect her son,

or get vengeance
for her husband?

[Grunting]

How much for the lady?

How much you got?

Depends on how much
you'll pay me.

[Men shouting]

[Yells]

Keep it in your pants, lily liver.

The tougher man gets the girl.

Do what you like.

Do her here, upstairs.

Wherever and however
you please.

You are the second
cunning wolf

I ever really wanted
to draw iron at.

Who was the first?

A legend.

One I heard
when I was a kid.

Oh, yeah?

The Bloody...

Benten.

Bloody Benten.

The fighting goddess legend.

Shit.

Now I really want
to draw iron at you.

[Trumpet]

Nice.

[Sighs]

Ain't refined,

but it hits you deep down.

The Anasazi play that music.

They were here
before any of us.

They still keep the old ways.

You'll do fine.

I want Kiyomori dead.

You've thrown away your body,
everything, all for revenge?

So what?

Don't pity me.

I don't need useless
compassion from you.

Good. It ain't
good for nothing, huh?

Do you want me?

Very much.

But be careful.

Yoshitsune's men left town
to get a powerful weapon.

Yoichi wants you dead.

They'll likely be here by sunup.

When the shooting starts,

take Heihachi and
escape to the mountains.

You're not gonna run?

[Sighs]

Oh, you got something
against them, too?

I got my reasons.

Have the roses
bloomed yet?

What are they named?

Love.

Howdy, Sheriff.

"A special weapon
will be here soon.

"Before the Genjis get it,

"tell the Heike's to
bushwhack their wagons.

If you don't, we'll all be killed."

[Sighs]
Sorry.

What are you doing, boy?

Shit or get off the pot!

Hold your horses.

Instead of telling them
the godawful truth,

don't you reckon
we better hightail it?

I ain't listening to you no more.

Kiyomori!

Boss Kiyomori!

Aah!

The name's Henry.

Where have you been?

I was spying on the Genjis,

and things are getting
way out of hand.

Excuse me.

Come again?

Whoa!

[Men chanting]
See-ya! See-ya! See-ya! See-ya!

See-ya! See-ya!

I told you we should've
skipped town.

I told you.

Shit. Whoa!

Go!

[Men yelling]

Ye-yeah!

Fear nothing!

Hah!

Whoa!

[Yelling]

[Sheriff yelling]

Stupid.

You did this.

[Whistles]

[Neigh]

Fire, boys, and guard the windows.

How'd he pull that off?

Come!

Ichiro. Matsui.

Follow me.

What happened?

Tell you later!

We're going to the old man's
place in the mountains.

Heihachi! Heihachi!
Come on, hurry!

- Come on!
- This way.

Watch your step.

Take Heihachi
and go without me.

What did you forget?

Something important!

What's wrong?

Forget them!
You don't need them!

No! They're...

[thunk]

They're...

They're my...

heart.

[Horse galloping]

[Screams]

No matter what,
one of you's gonna die.

[Woman]
Heihachi. Please.

Please, not him.

If you want him to live,

drop... your... guns.
[Laughing]

Stop bitching! Hyah!

The time is now!

Ho!

Hey. Hey!

Die!

Hmm.

[Grunt]

Haah!

Aah!

Lucky me.

[Laughing]

[Gunshot]

Henry!

Aah!

Hah! Ho!

[Gunshot]

Henry!

[Gunshot]

Shigemori,

I won't die until we win.

Uhh... Uh...

Payback's a bitch!

Before you die...

I have something sweet.

You want some, bitch?

You are an animal.

Toshio!
Throw it here!

Can't be...

bloody...

Heihachi.

Heihachi.

What are you doing?

Open your eyes.

Hmm?

See for yourself.

You can't close them
to reality.

[Gasping]

Open your eyes!

Heihachi! Heihachi!

Open your eyes!

Aah!

Could you
visit this address

and stock up on these?

If he is still alive,

my signature here
should help you out.

I wish I could go,

but I can't
leave the boy alone.

Ruriko.

Hmm?

But these are guns.

Tell him I need help,

and he owes me.

You are the only one
I can depend on.

What's "BB"?

When this doubly
talented goddess

used to play music.

She would hold
her instruments
in both hands.

But when she was
on the warpath,

she held weapons
in eight hands.

When the fire of vengeance dwelled in her
eyes,

this murdering goddess
was wide awake,

and everything in her way
got stained blood red.

They dubbed her
Bloody Benten.

Nicknamed double B for short.

I was the one who
educated her in killing,

and it was tough going.

You like it?

It's too sweet.

Well...
Too much sugar.

This is sukiyaki,
not a damn lollipop!

Oh, I'm so sorry.

How many times
do I gotta tell you

before it sinks into
that thick skull of yours

that you draw
the sweetness out of
the Chinese cabbage?

Sorry...
And this tofu.

It's kinugoshi!

But... But...
But the store was sold out.

Aah!

No... damn... darned excuses!

I'm sorry.

Dang useless woman.

Why I ever thought
I could make
a gunfighter out of...

Listen up, girl.

If this were a gunfight,

you wouldn't be saying
"They sold out of bullets,

let's shoot beans instead,"
now could ya?

That'd mean death
to me and you, wouldn't it?
Hmm, wouldn't it?

That's my girl.
There you go.

Never let
your guard down.

Yes.

The Grim Reaper himself
dwells in that pot.

Don't you forget that.

L... I nev...

Sugar.

Don't worry.

The sugar helps me.

Lordy lord.

You ain't pregnant,
is ya?

I reckon it will be
a bouncing boy.

Oh, heck.

You mean Akira?

Akira.

How the lovely sound

of that name
brings me back.

What can I say?

At the end, I am
an anime otaku at heart.

What?

How's my boy?

Ah, so.

That's why you've come
for them irons, eh?

You'll tell her this for me.

[Sighs]

[Speaking Japanese]

Life is all about goodbyes.

We are in your hands!

[Echoing]

[Ragged breathing]

I'm surprised.

He is still alive.

I guess

every man's got his own reasons

for why he has to keep on living.

[Sneezes]

Got a cold?

Don't you have one, too?

Thank you.

You going?

Huh?

Yep.

Going. Where to?

To settle a score.

What score?

The town's got nothing
to do with you.

Shit just happens.

That's all.

So the meaning of life
is shit happens, huh?

Well, I don't want to run
from the shit anymore.

Sorry, but could you
fetch the treasure for me?

There is one?

Ruriko,
what about the town law?

As anyone who's getting on
in years around here knows...

he was chosen to guard it.

That's the town law.

I thought Heihachi
would be the next chosen one,

but he's too weak.

I reckon he was born at the wrong time
and in the wrong place.

He does have a gift
for music, though.

But tenderness alone
won't get you far in life.

What are you fixing to do
with the treasure?

Settle this
once and for all.

If we lose,
they can have it.

If we win,
you can have half.

How about it? You game?

Suits me fine.

Okay, then.

[High voice]
This way.

[Deep voice]
No. This way.

[High voice]
I ain't gonna listen to you no more!

That's my line!

I'll kill you!

Aah!

Smells like victory.

Got the Mr. Gatling riding shotgun.

And now, a shield.

A shield?

If you were fatter, it would be perfect.

Hey! Hey!

Hey, hold on!

Come on, now! Hey! No! No!

Shit.

Hey, if I get taken down,

will you give this
to Heihachi for me?

I'll think about it
if and when you die.

Hey! Hey!

I'll carry the treasure for you.

I'll carry the guns.

And if there's
any more carrying to do,

then let me do it.

Well, if you ain't the most stubborn
man I ever did meet.

Let him take it.

A man's gotta do
what a man's gotta do.

Go, Banjo. Go!

[Deep voice]
We get shot,

and you are the one's
gonna get smoked,

not me.

[High voice]
You die first.

[Deep voice]
No, you die first!

[High voice]
We die.

Okay, we die.

We die. I die.

You die, he dies, she dies, we die.

Everybody dies.

Here's the treasure!

Have at it, boys!

Winner takes all!

Hey! Look!

Gold! Gold!

[Men yelling]

[Gunshots]

[Gunshot]

Spread out!

- Here!
- This way!

This way.

Where those Heike boys?

[Yelling]

No! No!

No!

Get down!

You've got a new toy.

Shields!

Aah!

Yoshitsune!

Confess thy error!

This time, we win.

[Gun clicks]

This time, we win!

Ha ha ha ha!

This time...

That's for the mayor.

I can.

I win.

I win.

I ain't dead...

till I beat you.

This is for Akira.

[Hammer clicking]

It's all mine!

It's mine.

It's all ours!

[Gunshot]

L...

always...

you're...

Don't say it.

No one in the world
ever saved Benten's life.

Except for you.

Nope.

You...

You're Ruriko.

My...

Ruriko.

I'm not...

dead...

yet.

Now this...

[sighs]

Is what I call class.

So that old granny
was Bloody Benten, eh?

I'm glad I came here.

Hell, I'm glad I was born.

Finally, with a worthy opponent,

I can risk my life to the death.

Victory...

or death!

That's plenty for me.

You keep the rest.

Just do me one thing.

Tend to the roses for me.

But when it doesn't feel right,

you can stop.

Now you've got money,

you've got a gun,

and the roses, too.

Heihachi,

son,

no matter what the times may be,

no matter where you are,

what matters is you
and how you deal with this world.

And there ain't no running from it.

Don't run.

Decide for yourself

what tomorrow's gonna be.

Love.

Your mother was a mighty fine lady.

Django

{Singing in Japanese]

Django

{Singing in Japanese]

{Singing in Japanese]

Django

{Singing in Japanese]

Django

{Singing in Japanese]

Django

{Singing in Japanese]

Django

{Singing in Japanese]

Oh, Django

Django

Oh-oh, Django

Django

Oh, Django

Django

Oh, Django

Django

0 comm. for this post

Отправить комментарий