John Lennon Quotes: 'I'm Not Interested in Being a Dead F***ing Hero'

By Banzay on 09:02

Filed Under: ,


Thirty years ago today, the world lost John Lennon.

But his voice hasn't been completely silenced.

In a treat for fans, Rolling Stone magazine is releasing what it's calling Lennon's "final interview," which was given just three days before he was killed.

In it, the Beatles legend talks about being a father and slams his critics. "What they want is dead heroes, like Sid Vicious and James Dean. I'm not interested in being a dead f***ing hero. ... So forget 'em, forget 'em," he said.

Lennon, of course, would never live to see how ironic those words have become.

On Dec. 8, 1980, he was gunned down by Mark David Chapman outside his apartment in New York City. Ever since then, Lennon's message of music and peace has endured. So to commemorate the 30th anniversary of his death, Surge Desk remembers the icon through words and songs.

Lennon quotes:
"Life is what happens when you are making other plans."

"If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal."

"Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue with that; I'm right and I will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first -- rock and roll or Christianity."

"The world went mad and used us as an excuse."

"Part of me suspects that I'm a loser, and the other part of me thinks I'm God Almighty."

0 comm. for this post

Отправить комментарий