Naomi Judd and Wynonna Judd embarked on their last tour on Friday as The Judds.
The country star announced that this would be their last tour in November on The Early Show.
The Last Encore Tour will feature a mix of their hits together, along with solo songs from Wynonna.
The two spoke with Great American Country in the studio, reflecting on their career together.
“I realize that singing with Wynonna and helping her by becoming the harmony singer became a metaphor for our relationship,” Naomi had said. “The harmony is supposed to bolster and enhance and support the lead… So with my harmony, I listen to her, I accept her reality, I pay attention, do deep listening and then I do whatever I can to color, to bring it out and blend so that it hopefully takes on a new life.”
The Judds are one of the most successful acts in country music history. They signed with RCA in 1983 and released six albums between then and 1991. Naomi had to leave the duo because of a battle with Hepatitis C. Wynonna then began her own solo career, but the mother-daughter pair have joined for special reunion tours on occasion.
0 comm. for this post